Thursday, March 31, 2011
EC Tutor Talent Show
Today all of the Elmira College student tutors performed a talent show for the students that we have been tutoring the past few months since today was the last time we will be seeing the students. I had a blast! According to my professors (and I agree with what they said), I demonstrated to myself and the people watching that I have what it takes to be a teacher who take risks, has fun, and engages students. It is okay to show students that teachers can have fun too and be silly which is exactly what we all did in the talent show today. I got to tap dance to the YMCA for students as well as perform in a re-creation of a Richard Simmons workout video. I used to be afraid to go on stage and wondered what others thought of me, but today as I was performing for the students I was not nervous at all. I was excited to see their reactions to our sillyness. I hope they had as much fun watching the talent show as I had performing in it. I will truly miss working with these students each week. Watching the students that I worked with each week, for literacy groups, develop into better readers and writers has been the most rewarding outcome of this experience for me. I have learned so much about myself as a future educator from this experience and I intend to bring what I have learned from this experience with me into my future classroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment